Skip to content
Fudgy Vegan Brownies
- 1/4 cup Peggs
- 1/2 cup vegan water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 7 x 11 pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the vegan butter and measure 1/2 cup. I do this by microwaving the vegan butter in a glass measuring cup, in 30 second intervals, until melted.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted vegan butter and sugars together. Add the Peggs, 1/4 cup water, and vanilla, whisk until evenly combined.
- Over the same large bowl, sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Add the salt and baking powder and stir with a large wooden spoon until just combined, do not over mix.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spoon or your hands. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. The brownies may still be bubbling and not look done, but they will firm up a lot as they cool.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then pull the brownies out, using the parchment paper and let cool for another 15-30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.