Vegan Fried Rice
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- ½ cup frozen or fresh peas
- ½ cup frozen or fresh carrots, finely chopped
- ½ cup frozen or fresh shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup Peggs
- First, cook the rice according to package instructions. You will need 3 cups of cooked white rice total.
- While the rice is cooking, mix the Peggs with 1/4 cup water and scramble according to package instructions. Set aside on a plate once finished.
- Once the rice has been cooked, prep the rest of the ingredients. First, chop all the vegetables including the carrots and onions and set aside the peas and edamame. Then, whisk together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and sugar.
- Next, add the vegan butter to a pan and turn on the heat. Once the butter has melted and the pan is hot, add in the onion and cook for 2 minutes on high heat until translucent. Then, add in the rest of the vegetables (edamame, peas, carrots), and cook another 2 minutes.
- Next, add in the stir fry sauce and cooked white rice and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes . Make sure to stir to evenly mix in the sauce and break up any rice clumps that may form.
- Add in the scrambled Peggs to the rice and mix to combine.
- Remove the fried rice from the heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!